Existing Member?

These boots were made for walking After spending a year on a University exchange trip I'll be heading back home to Canada at the end of November. I'll be taking a couple detours on the way home stopping in New Zealand and then Hawaii.

Auckland Part 2

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 December 2005 | Views [541] | Comments [2]

Internet is much cheaper here in Auckland this entry is sooner than expected.  Last night, I decided to go to bed early around 10ish.  Around 11:30 I woke up because of a noise.  I turned over in bed just in time to see the girl on the bunk next to mine (who must have come in while I was sleeping) lean over the railing of the top bunk and begin vomiting into the middle of the room.  From the top bunk it got some pretty good splatter too. I'm so so so thankful none of it got on my stuff.  It got to within about 4-6 inches but none of it actually got onto my things from what I could tell.  So anyway, I changed rooms and that was the end of it but I thought I would share.

This morning I took the ferry to Devonport, which is a nice suburb not too far from downtown Auckland.  There are two extinct volcanos there.  I walked up once called the North head from which there are fantastic views of Downtown Auckland.  I also walked around the battlements located around the summit. I then took a nice walk around downtown and bought some strawberries and a vegetarian pie for lunch which I ate along the esplanade beside the beach.

I'll write another entry again soon.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Ah, the joys of shared accomdation! Hope everything else is going well. (I was going to email you but then realised I had no news to relate) Keep having fun in the Land of the Long White Cloud!

  Andrew Dec 9, 2005 9:03 PM

2

hi andrea your trip sounds absolutely amazing... your inspiring me to travel overseas! it sounds like so much fun even if people vomit near your things.. he he love shakira!

  shakira Dec 11, 2005 11:28 AM

About andrea


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.