Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

stop over in singapore

SINGAPORE | Saturday, 10 February 2007 | Views [927]

The flight to Singapore is uneventful and on arrival we get a friendly taxi driver who gives us whistle stop tour of Singapore on our way to the hostel…..dont think it cost us any more!

The hostel is a bit of a shock as we have booked a double room but they don’t have any, they manage to shuffle us round into a four bed room and asure us we will have room to ourselves…we are both tired and apart from a quick stroll round we get an early night.

We spend the next day exploring china town an the various quays of Singapore…but to be hosnest it is mainly a city to shop in so we go and look round the shops…emma is amazed to see topshop and other places that make her feel homesick…and just make me feel sick.

The next day we get chatting to a friendly german girl we met…slyvia…and spend the day with her exploring..we head to little India which is cool and drink some chai and marvel at the variety of produce on display on the stalls….spend whole day walking…very tried will sleep well.

We spend the next day organising our flights to Thailand which we have only just decided to take as I (ana) have my doubts about going there but we decided to give it a go J

In the evening we end up going out with the owner of the hostel and his friend and slyvia…have a good night nd get to see some real Singapore people and dancing….he is quite a character..although he is infat Jordanian…I think he likes me because I helped him figure out how to network his PDA which he had just purchased….you never know when its handy to be a geek!

Emma spends the next evening wih her new friends…slyvia and Claire…and they get some quality "woman time" together I think.…..I decide that tomorrow before we leave for thailand I am going to parcel some exces baggage up and send it home…so in the day ema and I head off into singapore to post my tent and sleeping bag amongst other things back home….it will all go by boat apparently and will take 6 weeks…I hope I see them again as I have big plans for camping when I get back J

We Get back to hostel and get taxi early to airport to save us hanging around hostel for rest of day. Look round shops at airport and finally we board our tiger airlines flight for krabi.

Tags: Shopping

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.