Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

Day 4 - MCG (or what would have been)

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 29 December 2006 | Views [996]

What would have been day four of the test starts with us getting a lift back to the ground with Kevin to pick our van up…..relief sets in as we see the van parked securely where we left it…that was short lived however when we realise that all the entrance and exists to the car park have been closed. We drive around for what seems like an eternity occasionally meeting other desperate souls trying to escape the ground. It seems there is no easy way to get this van out when we luckily see an ambulance entering the ground…we head off in hot pursuit with a small convoy of people behind us all with the same idea. The ambulance driver manages to remove some of the bollards that are blocking the exits and we eventually reach freedom! Still got some good close ups of the van with the “G” in the background but I wouldn’t recommend it as a way to start the day.

We decide to use the extra day to break up the journey back to Sydney into two days.First we go back to kevins unit to say our good byes….it is sad to leave especially when we see Kevin busy moving in some furniture and making the place his own…im sure he will have some good times here.

We set off on the drive back to Sydney and manage to travel about 600k which takes a big chunk out of the trip…we stay in a campsite in the middle of nowhere but it is a good site with private toilets next to each van site.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.