Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

Day 3 - MCG

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 28 December 2006 | Views [603]

On the third day we drive the ambassador van into the ground we arrive later than planned due to some navigational difficulties and several car parks are already closed. Still the van is well located and generates lots of admiring glances. We head off into the stadium to sit with jeff ..who has been met by the famous gedgey of TCC and they are both trying their best to get drunk on mid strength beer.  Up to now most of the crowd banter has all been good humoured nd intelligent, unfortunately we happen to be sitting near the biggest bunch of ozzie arsholes I have ever had the misfortune to see…there is a constant whining drone as they barrack everything English and include some racist remarks for good measure…it’s a shame but eventually they get thrown out which is a relief ….hopefully they got relocated amongst the travelling group of stoke city fans who im sure would be pleased to respond to some of there comments….The annoying thing is that England are so crap that there isn’t really any come back to any of the stuff you have to listen to it is almost a relief as England are finally dismissed o the third day! What a one sided contest this is.

After the game we decide to leave the van at the ground after checking with some friendly parking attendants who assure us it will be ok as long as we pick it up early in the morning.  We head off with mister Gedge to the casino where he takes pity on our travel weary bones and decides to treat us to a slap up meal in one of the casino restaurants.

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.