Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

Nicks house

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 8 December 2006 | Views [627]

Staying at Nick pounds house for a few days to catch up on some work and receive the ambassador van, we also have to wait for our Melbourne ashes tickets to be delivered which are being sent to us from a friend by recorded delivery. The Pound household is quite impressive with good harbour views and sea front location but we are unnerved by Poundy’s keenness to discuss the propensity of deadly spiders in the area and show us videos of creatures he has single handedly killed throughout the house.

In the afternoon we head to the local pub in drummoyne to watch the final day of the Adelaide test, having been to the 1st 3r and 4th day of the test in Adelaide we are keen to see englnd hold out for a draw but no such luck, surrounded by barracking Australians we watch as England manage to snatch defeat from jaws of victory yet again and cannot believe this is the same team that we watched defeat the dreaded foe so recently.

The next day we head off to collect our camper from Travellers Auto barn in Sydney, the van looks really cool and we attract lots of attention on the drive back to nicks house probably due to my (ana’s) shambolic attempts to navigate my way back!

Despite feeling a little anxious about the ashes tickets (as they have not arrived as excepted) we chill out with pound soaking up the harbour views from his home, we also really enjoy watching  TV as we have not seen any for nearly 3 months.

Later that evening we go into  Balmain for a curry with nick and we both break our ‘no bread’ rule and finish off a Naan each!! …Nicks low carb diet seems to be taking a backseat for a while as well J  but perhaps he needed to soak up all the alcohol he consumed from the world nomads xmas do the night before.

Perhaps spurred on by the guilt of having eaten a curry the night before we decide to venture out to the local swimming pool in drummoyne where we soak up sun and show off our advanced swimming skills by having a hand stand competition.

TODO:insert swimming pic

Nick finally has to depart for England both sad to see him go, but will be catching up with him after New Year! I decide to test out the new kit that has been provided for us by world nomads to document our 3 week jaunt in the ambassador van.

TODO : insert poundy video

We have decided against going in to Sydney as we are heading back this way in the new year and will have more time to explore then so we content ourselves with going into balmain again for a few drinks. Emma started thinking about family and we wondered how Amy was feeling about her impending travels to France for the ski season…..we decide to record a farewell message for her.

TODO:insert message to amy

10th December

Feeling very anxious about tickets although given the way the Adelaide test ended up we are not sure watching the Melbourne test is such a thrilling prospect! We decide to organise the van.

While heading off for supplies we meet a postman, Ana asks about the tickets and he vaguely remembers delivery card sent last Thursday. We rush to the local post office and finally we pick up our tickets!!! Aim to head off towards Melbourne along the coast the following day.

Tags: Packing & gadgets

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.