Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

day 1 cricket

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 1 December 2006 | Views [776]

Australia trip begins!

Leave Christchurch from our luxury hotel (in comparison to camper!) after spending the morning relaxing. Arrive in Melbourne on 30th Nov, I got bag searched and forgetting I had a wooden natural form in my bag from one of my photo ideas, had an official warning in writing and scanned onto my passport that next time it would be prison or a huge fine, if I smuggled anything more, very scary!

Anyway Kevin picked us up from airport and went to his parent’s house to stay the night before leaving for Adelaide the following day. Were well looked after and had good nights sleep.

barmy army! barmy army!Leave for Adelaide early morning. arrive and eventually get a taxi from airport to motel as everyone involved with cricket had same idea. Meet Nick pound in motel and celebrate with a glass of wine! (Nick pound mr cricketer) head out for some food and to soak up the cricket atmosphere, have really fun night throw some moves and leave shortly after the barmy army start chanting in club over the music. Following day ana and pound head off for first day a cricket both have sore heads,equip with sun cream,hats and a whole cooked chichen for lunch. I am left to fend for myself for rest of day with big plans to explore city,visit galleries,shops sight see,so i get ready, start watching cricket on tv lying on bed for a minute, and fall asleep until 4 pm!!!

Ana and nick arrive back surprisingly sober, get ready and head off for town, meet up with some cool Australia mates of Nicks and drink the night away. One of my visits to the bar involves an embarrassing moment as I spotted someone I new was famous behind me, asked him who he was, reply ‘Darren Gough’ still not really clicked who it was he says ’winner of strictly come dancing’ I then say ‘oh yeah you had a spray tan didn’t you!?, him and his friend laugh when they realise I only understand from that who he was, he then asks me why I am in Adelaide and I explain for cricket he laughs even more!!! Oh well got a picture and went off and posed to Ana and pound who I had met!!

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.