Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

battery!!!

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 4 November 2006 | Views [755]

4 hours later after much zig zagging around some very scenic roads we arrive in piha...quite late by this time but find piha domain motor camp which i had read good reviews about.
nice woman shows us to plot and we set up for first night in van....very cramped
woke up after not too bad nights sleep and went for walk around piha, walked on one of the look out walks very impressive...hawkeye emma spotted a seal climbing up onto the rocks not twenty yards from us....you dont see that in tamo!
very dangerous surf in piha but saw some impressive surfer dudes performing.
back at camp met some inyteresting people, a friendly gay couple (david and stephen) came over and introduced themselves to us and brought us some freshly baked cookies...much appreciated....decided we should try and go and be sociable so met them for a drink in the evening, their site like a second home, caravan with wireless internet and double bed in awning eith patio heater outside.
met another friend of theirs "lucretia" argentinian woman looking for work s a chemical engineer...who'd have thought.
theyalso had a pet dog which had starred in some commercials inNZ..dog very charismatic and became firm friends.
next day liked it so much decided to stay another night, went on some more ardous walks and then went for drinks in evening with dave and stephen at the RSA club. also became friends with "camp manaer/mother " fiona who was quite a character.
decided to leave the next day until that is we tried to start the van....low and beho,d flat battery..stone dead.
phoned aa and moaned to rental place...had to meet battery man to get new battery and by which time it was too late to move on so had another night in piha :)
finnaly moved on decided to drive over to coramandel ...a place called whitiangha....mad it in 5 hours which was 2 hours more than i thought it would tke but apparantly that was reasonable going
found nice motor home...deciding againt free camping thus far!

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.