Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

cook island adventures

COOK ISLANDS | Friday, 20 October 2006 | Views [799]

20th-28th cook islands

 

Arrived at cook islands a bit disappointed to be leaving fiji, especially as it was notably cooler when we stepped off the plane, this disappointment was lifted when we arrived at our accommodation at vara’s beach huts however. It turned out that we had been upgraded from a standard double room to a hillside bungalow which was a completely self contained little house with amazing views of muri beach lagoon ( thanks to john hawkes for suggesting this !)

Spent first couple of days finding our feet and deciding what the best way to get around the island was. Most people seem to have opted for the moped but after hearing scare stories from emmas bro we decide on push bikes!

Manage to cycle around the whole island, much to emmas dismay its 18 miles that’s the furthest she has ever cycled. Even though it seemed like we were going backwards at some points emma eventually got round, as much by moan power as anything else.

Could be another future cycle trip though boys, may get a bit boring the twentieth time around though J

Coast line here really is fantastic, especially near our room, think we had our fill of snorkelling in fiji though but its nice just to relax on the beach and do nothing.

Doing nothing has just taken a turn for the worse though as I have accidentally erased every single song on my ipod, gutted! Especially as I have now finished reading the only book I had (antony keidis biog)

Cooked some nice food while we had the use of our own kitchen , sam I have invented a new take on the trademark chicken dish, added a few veg and some cashew nuts…v. nice !

During a quiet moment out emma and I came up with an idea for a new business venture incorporating our love of buffalo wings…must look into getting some potential investors together when we get back!

 

Not much night life in the week here it seems, but we took a bus ride into town anyway and knew it was a going quiet night when the bus driver decided to stop for five minutes and admire a game of bowls that was taking place in the local park…fascinating.

 

 

The big Friday night came, the night before we depart for NZ we decide to go join the locals for a beer, which turned out to be a very interesting evening, discovering that the locals were not to keen on us, we stood our ground went for a dance on floor, clearing the room J cool night!!!  Enjoyed cook islands as a holiday type place and somewhere to chill!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Cook Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.