Existing Member?

pillaging the village

17th 18th november

FRANCE | Wednesday, 19 December 2007 | Views [510]

16th night (going away dinner)

just a few notes ...

went to a fun place in mont matre ... big restaurant with cheap food ...

we saw the tunnel where princess di died (took some photos so have a loook)

alsoo exchanged our KK presents (kris kringle)

nici got me yay :) she got me these awesome white chocolate oreos and chocolate .. oopsy accidentally ate them ... big woopsy ...

i got sarah ... i got her some kinder suprise chocolate, and an adress book with the details of everyone from the trip (and messages from everyone) ...

thennn we went home later on

went for a cruise on the Seine ... pretty ...

17th and 18th December

Hi guys! Me and nici found free internet in our hotel rooms ... It’s a free wireless we can connect to ... not sure who runs it – guessing the government – but yayayay this means we don’t have to pay for internet cafes!

                    

And it means we can get on the net more regularly ...

Yest morning we moved out of CIEP (the place we were staying for the school trip) and moved into our hotel in mont martre ...

It was a FUNNY and hard trip ... me and nici had to carry:

2 suitcases

1 smaller suitcase carry on luggage

1 backpack

2 hang bags

1 laptop carry bag

With just us two ... and we had to change the metro TWICE ... which meant we had to get off the train twice ... and climb up/desend all these stairs ... and the French are hopeless with elevators ... so many times we were dragging suitcases up stairs ... im pretty sure we just about broke any delicate things in their haha woops ... luckily we didn’t have anything like that in there ... dad, I checked the china plate and its still in one piece!

People were lovely and helpful ... most people stopped and helped us by lifting the bottom of our suitcases etc ... so thanku Parisians J some people just watched us haha the pricks ... but many helped ... me n nic were very polite back “merci, bonne journee” (thanks, have a great day) and overly thankful ...

Soo we finally got to our hotel (took us an hour n a half to do a trip that normally would’ve taken 45 minutes) ...

It’s a cute little place called ‘Hotel des Arts’ (hotel of art) about 3 blocks from sacre Coeur ..its pretty much in the centre of mont martre ..

Me n nici got here at 1130 and couldn’t check in until 230ish ... we were SOOO tired ... and wandering was the last thing we felt like but we had to ...

We went supermarket and brought some stuff ... im really rationing at the moment and being the biggest cheapo so that I have enough money to last the whole trip .. its amazing how cheap u can buy things!!! I got a 99 cent bottle of wine (this is about $1.80 australian!! ) and a DECENT bottle of wine ... brought cereal for breakkie ... and during the day for lunch dinner ... just buying half a baguette and eating canneed veggies n baked beans .. really living the student life ... it’s a really good way to make u realize the worth of money; when you have to earn it yourself, save up for something that is so expensive and watch ur money ...

I have a little note book and have budgeted everything out --- veryyy organized of me I thought haha

Then we went n sat in quick for an hour and a half ... I got a coffee n me n nic just sat around Quick ... I LOVE capitalism .. it means that places like Quick (French version of maccas) exist and u can sit in them for two hours doing nothing ... and you can also take salt and sugar and pepper HOME!! Many many satchets ... and it saves u money haha ... (budgeting again) ...

We found a café Oz in mont matre

It is about a 100 metre walk from our front door WOOO ... we are going there tonight (19th December)

I accidentally broke a bottle of wine in quick haha oops .. it was sitting on a chair in a plastic bag and then I moved and it smashed ... we cleaned it up though ..!! :D

One last thing ...

I have fallen in love and am not coming home ....

Me and my lover will live in paris --- the cityyyyyy of love

His name is caramel ...

I met him at our hotel ... I walked in the front door – and it was love at first sight

I was sitting on a chair eating chocolate ... and my lover ran up to me ... I think it was my chocolate he wanted ...

I fed him chocolate – the way that lovers do

Then ... we played catch ... I threw him a ball and he would catch it ... we rolled around on the floor as if we were old friends

THEN ... caramel came up to hug me ... I THOUGHT HE WAS HUGGING ME .. but no caramel had other ideas

The silly dog started humping me IN THE HOTEL LOBBY ...

Yes haha caramel is a dog ... hes this gorgeous brown Labrador that lives in our hotel

So cute J hes my best friend ...

That night me n nic unpacked ... did  abit of walking around n came home n read for a few hours and then slept at like 9ish .. we were exhausted (I also napped in the avo) we had plans to go out mon night but couldn’t stay awake ... were so tired from only sleeping a few hours the night before ...

18th December

This morning we woke up latish around 9ish ... I had breakkie in the room and nici brought a baguette ...

We went for a wander around mont martre ...

Found lots of cute touristy shops etc ...

This random guy walked up to us and started talking to us in French ... asked if we were lesbians?!?!?! ... I said YES hahaha .. because it made him go away ... he said ‘are you married’

Ana –‘oui nous sommes mariees, avec deux enfants’ (we are married with two kids)

He left uickly after haha

Spent the afternoon sitting on the steps of sacre Coeur ... some guy was playing a guitar ... it was so nice ... we spent about 2 hours there all these ppl were crowded around and listening to him play all these songs ie. U2, Wonder wall etc ... he even played john lennon!!

Have just been wandering the streets checking things out ... like hobos ... nahjoking :P respectable hobos haha!!

Its about 430ish .. going to have dinner and then going to have a few drinks and go out to Café Oz ... and have a few drinks out at mont martre ...

Really looking forward to me 99 cent wine haha ... u gotta love france

Bisous !!

Ps my hotel number is 0146 0630 52

With the area code it is 001133460630

That’s the number to the lobby – then you have to ask for our room which is 61

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.