Existing Member?

pillaging the village

day 8

FRANCE | Tuesday, 4 December 2007 | Views [1594]

josephines clothes

josephines clothes

hiiiii - just had dinner - lots of glasses of nice red wine - cant be bothered typing the 'facts' we learnt today -so see nicis blog if you would like ot know the history that we learnt today ...

we learnt a lot about josephine today - she is napoleons first wife -this was GREAT!!! we were finally learning about personality rather than straight facts .. YAYAYAY ... sylvia is a great teacher .. she really knows her stuff ...

we went to josephines house where she lived after the divorce and then we went to the hotel de ville (place where lots of important revoutionary events happened) --- was very beautiful; awesome to be in there especially after having studied the french reovlution

now some general comments ...

i THOUGHT i could speak fluent french ... but what is really anoying is that i can't fluently speak every day french ... because in classes at uni we aren't exposed to every day french and the slang etc and just ordinary vocabulary words - like beetroot!! i went to the mobile phone store today to find out why my messages weren't sending to liz and anthony (they both have three mobiles!!) ... and it was a tiny strain actually understanding the slang that was spoken by the shop assistants -- then i had to call up a hotline and listen to voice automated systems (like telstra) and it was dificult!!!! i eventually understood the general flow .. but i definately learnt today, that to understand and completely live/know a language ... you have to live in a country for a while ... you have to be able to keep up with the slang of the language and the casual pharses --- for exmaple, when students learn english they don't learn how to say 'how are you doing?' -- they learn 'how are you' ...

im liking paris more and more because i get to dress up - i LOVE wearing scrafs and dressing up and NO ONE ASKING WHY IM DRESSED UP!!! YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY for paris .... its aweosme awesome awesome awesome ... im going to buy my coat i decided ... i love it... who cares what everyone else thinks ...

didn't post a blog yesterday because we didn't do much ... me and nici did our washing ... then we mucked around a bit ... then i studied and read lolitta (yes mum ... i studied ... are you suprised hahaha... PROUD?!?!?!?!) .... ive brought heaps of books from autralia - crime and punishment , lolitta and machiavelli's the prince -- all lovely classics and loking forward to reading them ...) jack i think that you and me need to spend a day when i get back sitting around and being lazy, drinking coffeee and reading boooks - i love love books

have put a funny video up - its about us singing about beetroot - ...

me and nici have decided to do our assingment on fashion ... either the rise of haute couture in the 19th century, or the difference in fashion between first and second empires in the 19th century ... we will visit the christian lacroix museum ..

yay so excited ...

i miss everyone at home ... but i could get used to paris ... love dressing up --- i just need to marry a prince --- or become president of france ;) .. haha ... the classes are actually beocming interesting ...

going to buy my coat onnnn wednesday :) so excited haha ... yayayayayay ... i might to an exchange in paris lateron ?

i miss u alll ... i want my drinking buddies back ... and dad you need to call in the next few days and keep me informed on the politic situation!!!! i try and read the age online most days ... but its so busy in the mornings ... found out rudd signed koyoto and im happy :) even if the practical effect isn't huge ...

aunty suzanne ... im trying to be very good with the food haha .. went to the latin quartier and you were right, not as great as i expected ... i thought it would be very much like brunswick street in fitzroy or smith street -- very 'seedy' but in a good way!!! but its a little bit commercial?? ... im trying to be good .. keeping my food intake to a minimum so that i can pig out when i see you (also ... high jeans are in fashion and they look realllly bad when u have a fat bum!!haha)

misssssssss you allll

will write soon :)

kisses and hugs

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.