Existing Member?

Olivers Travels A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

Delhi

INDIA | Friday, 28 September 2007 | Views [408] | Comments [1]

27.9.07: - Well today we finished packing & to our amazement each of our packs are 4 kilos lighter.  Yeah less to carry & wash!

I wrote this on our flight to Delhi, so far we have had a two hour delay @ Heathrow but shoule arrive in Delhi just after 8.00.

28.9.07: - First impression of Delhi: - Overwhelming assault to the senses!  Amount of people everywhere, cars trying to squeeze 6 lanes of traffic into 3 & letting everyone know that they are there by honking their horns.  It is very hot and humid a different heat entirely than the dry hot weather in Africa. 

We checked into our hotel Swaati into a nice basic but air-conditioned room then had a quick nap.  At about 13.00 we decided to go & have some lunch, there were so many things to try but the waiters were helpful & recommended us something & told me they would make my lunch milder.  When the food was served there were a mixture of colours & flavors.  They wanted to make sure we enjoyed our food & kept on coming back to us letting us try different bits & pieces from the menu & once we were full they still tried to pile on more.  The waiters were very nice & were very helpful for our first meal in India. 

We are now going to swim back to the hotel as we have just witnessed a massive down poor.  Will catch up again soon & I will try not to leave it too long next time!   

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hello my darlings! Shame about the delay in takeoff at Heathrow but glad to see you've arrived safely in
Delhi.
It must have taken a while to catch up on your blog - it will be something to do if it keeps on raining! Seriously though hope the weather improves. If it's any consolation its pouring with rain here too, but its probably a lot colder (and quieter). Glad you enjoyed the sausages and we'll keep a supply in for your return!
With lots of love from Mum and Mick xx

  Pat and Mick Sep 29, 2007 12:24 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.