Existing Member?

The Traveling A team We begin our journey through New Zealand's South Island for 2 weeks, then onto the North. From there our adventure takes us across the Pacific Ocean to South America for 11 amazing weeks!

Banos

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 18 February 2009 | Views [556]

Waterfall with hot pools underneath

Waterfall with hot pools underneath

So, we travelled by bus to the lovely town of Banos, in the Andes. It is named after its famous thermal pools. No Hamner Springs, but nice next to a waterfall. ´The town has a live dangerous volcano above it which last errupted in 2006. Its a very quaint town, safe and cheap.

We stayed in a rooftop terrace hostal with our friends we had made since Quito. We all decided to jump onto a horse each and rode them up to a waterfall and also up the opposite mountain to get a good view. Being a complete amature on a horse, Aaron naturally got the biggest and most aggresive horse of them all. He nicknamed Psycho. It was constantly fighting for the lead. The guide made us all gallop up the mountain, all we could do was grip on for dear life.what a thrill ride! Best $20 we have spent so far.

We also caught a small insect museum from the jungles of ecuador..good value for $1.

Then it was off to Riobamba for a train ride we heard about.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.