Existing Member?

The Traveling A team We begin our journey through New Zealand's South Island for 2 weeks, then onto the North. From there our adventure takes us across the Pacific Ocean to South America for 11 amazing weeks!

Santaigo, Chile and the big smoke...Literally

CHILE | Wednesday, 4 February 2009 | Views [539] | Comments [1]

Beautiful views from our Apartment

Beautiful views from our Apartment

So we made it after a 10hr flight, with a slight glitch....Aaron lost his wallet at auckland airport! No probs cards cancelled etc. Not going to ruin our day.

Santiago is hot!!! Air pollution so thick that you can't see the mountains today. Thankfully my cousin James has a pool and awesome views from his apartment so we've been trying to rest a little.

Its a very busy and loud city. We managed to see a lot just by walking around the city and went to the Museo Chileno De Arte PreColombino, which had mummies that predate the egyptian ones by 3000 years! The civilisation was called the Chinchorro. They ate lots of sea food and snorted a powder made from bark.

Also stumbled upon a little park with a castle that we walked up for some cool views, called Saint Lucia.

Jet lag has got the better of us though and we're buggered by the afternoons.....Aaron often awakes at 3am and reads for a few hours.

 

Comments

1

Maybe the ancient civilization disapeared because they got eaten.......get it?......Chorizzo.....8-)

Greetings from Charles Joy and Kimmy

  Charles Feb 10, 2009 9:26 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.