Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia Drive it. Film it Win it.We're looking for 7 pairs of travellers, one for each of Australia's states, to become Van-Tastic Adventurers.

The Wanderer... goes for a drive

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 20 September 2007 | Views [2069]

The Wanderer

The Wanderer

"After nearly twenty years working in emergency management - ambulance, search and rescue, structure fire, law enforcement and bush fires – assignments varying from managing aircraft on bush fires to coordinating crews in the picking-up of pieces of disintegrated space craft – the space shuttle. It was a fast-paced life, always full of excitement, never knowing where I would be next – always traveling somewhere. September 2004 – one final plane crashed into a wilderness area in the Northern Rocky Mountains. It was time for a change. I left the stresses of a fantastic job to do something different.

The Wanderer returned to his name sake and went on walkabout. A few months ago I found myself presented with an opportunity to visit Australia for a third time. I dared not pass it by. In early June just as the sun rose over the eastern hills of Perth I emerged from terminal with a pack on my back.

And now I find myself at the helm of the Ambassador Van travelling from the West into the sun towards Sydney."

Read more of The Wanderer's travel blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambassador

Kick start YOUR travel writing career and see a slab of Australia for free!

Tags: ambassador van, friends

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.