Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Give Thanks

PERU | Wednesday, 2 December 2009 | Views [463]

fun times with my nephew

fun times with my nephew

Okay, does this picture not make you smile?  It does me.  And I have a lot to smile about and be thankful for this year!  It has been an eventful, hard, challenging, exciting, joyful and adventurous year!  My life is rarely dull and I am so thankful for a Lord that loves me, cares for me, provides for me, and leads me in His way!  The past few months have been so busy! We had a wonderful spiritual retreat at the beach as a mission.  It was our first time to do this and may become an annual event.  We are all so busy in Trujillo with our own jobs that we rarely are all together as a mission.  It was a great time of spiritual renewal and a physical rest also.  

We have also moved into our new offices, which was a huge job!  But what a blessing to have such an incredible space to work in Trujillo.  It is truly an oasis in the midst of a desert and we hope to be a spiritual oasis for thirsty souls.  We still have some details to finish, but we are enjoying the space already and have used it many times for meetings, seminary classes, and our grand opening.

The Lord provides and provides abundantly.  I personally was sad to see the Balls pack up and plan to move to the States so Brad can be our executive director for CMS; and the Bradfords to stay in the States so Bill could answer a call at Lawndale Presbyterian church.  But, at the same time, I am excited about the work they will do!  And the Lord provides.  We've just approved a new pastor to join us, a physician to come and work for a year and a half in the clinic, another man to come and work in the woodshop, someone to lead all of our construction projects in the works and future plans, and a recent college grad will come work in the administration/accounting office.  All of these new recruits are answered prayer and just a reaffirmation that the Lord will provide all we need to continue doing His work here in Trujillo.

And now I am home for a visit over the holidays.  I was able to spend Thanksgiving with my family and am enjoying quality time with family and friends.  This time at home has been a true blessing for me and my family to be able to visit in person.  God provides all you need and when you need it.  I have been very busy at work (and will be when I return) planning for Twin Lakes camp.  Camp this year is January 2 to 7 so that is why I was home for Thanksgiving rather than Christmas.  I need to be back in Trujillo and preparing for camp the last few weeks of December.

Finally, I am thankful for all of my supporters who have faithfully prayed for me, given financial support and been there through it all. Without you, I could not be doing what the Lord has called me to do. What a blessing to watch Him provide for me through such a great group of people!  

I could go on and on about other things to be thankful for, but you get the point. . . I AM THANKFUL!  So, a heartfelt thanks to my Lord, the blessings he bestows upon me, and the special people he has placed in my life.

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.