Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Santo, Santo, Santo

PERU | Saturday, 9 May 2009 | Views [249]

Finished product!  Ready for 25th anniversary and looking good.

Finished product! Ready for 25th anniversary and looking good.

Today, Saturday, we had a great day at Larco!  The team worked so hard and we really got the church looking good for the 25th Anniversary.  We spent the day priming, painting, and cleaning!  The church has a gorgeous new look as you can see by the picture with this story.  We are so excited to be a small part of the celebration of 25 years at Larco!  I have always loved the blue cross that leads to the door of Larco and today we got to clean it up so you can actually see it again!

We started the day with a great time of devotion and prayer for the Larco church and one another.  After our time of devotion this morning we set to work and were busy until about four this afternoon.  We had a quick break to shower and rest a bit before going to the Bradford's for dinner.  It is always fun to spend time with the missionaries and their families.  And tonight we had a special guest from the mountains.  I call him Alpaca Man.  He sells products made from alpaca and llama.  Some how he knows when a team is in town and contacts us to come by and sell his wares.  He has beautiful blankets, purses, hats, and rugs.  After a little shopping and food at the Bradfords we headed to Larco church to join their youth group (or singles group) for a night of fellowship.

I love Larco church and they have really grown this singles group and it is an amazing group of young adults.  We had an incredible time and I think most would say was the perfect end to a perfect work day!  We sang songs, shared testimony, played games and prayed together.  One song was Open the Eyes of My Heart.  We sang it in English, Spanish and both together.  It was incredible!  The chorus in Spanish is Santo, Santo, Santo, . . . etc.  It is a song that crosses all cultural barriers and reminds us that we are all a part of God's kingdom and what a privilege it is to worship with one another here on earth.  

More pictures are added to the Anderson gallery so check them out!

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.