Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Snake Handling and Feet Washing

PERU | Tuesday, 6 January 2009 | Views [500] | Comments [1]

Camp Day 2!

Camp Day 2!

Today was an incredible day of camp!!!  We had 240 people there including the staff and missionary families.  I think it was about 170 kids including the orphans. . . even some little ones that wouldn't normally come to camp, but after visiting yesterday we had to have them!  What a gorgeous day God gave us to worship Him and share the good news!  The children were precious and so cute!  We had 5 activities:  (1)  Crafts/Evangelism tent  (2) Pool  (3) Superfun games/Inflatables (4) Sports and (5) ARchery, Face Painting, and Horses.  What a full day for all!  And Paul Nasekos and Pheobe did a fantastic job with the wordless book at the our Evangelism Tent and teaching the lesson from Genesis 1:1 that God created the entire world and that He is God.  The one and only God and to have no others before Him.  The Peruvians helped with the assembly time.  

And you are wondering . . . snake handling?!?  Well, PJ was working the Pool and found a snake!  So, you see from the picture that he did his object lesson with a snake in his hand!  The kids don't seem surprised??

After a full day of camp and sharing God's word with the Precious Peruvian kids, we headed to the beach and enjoyed a beautiful time with the sun setting at the beach and playing in the Pacific Ocean.  Always a fun time at Delicious Beach!  And we get on the bus and all have sand, black sand, all over us and mainly our feet.  Last year we tracked so much sand in the hotel so this year we thought we'd make an effort at not tracking half the beach in the hotel.  So, we got off the bus and there was Phoebe, washing our feet off with a towel so we'd not get sand all over the hotel.  What a servant!

And there you have the first day of camp, tons of fun and worshiping the Lord between snake handling and feet washing!  :)

This is a short post because I am writing between the beach and the dinner at the Balls.  We are looking forward to another great time of fellowship and food with the missionaries, but I wanted to go ahead and let you know that we are praising God for the wonderful first day of camp!  Thank you for praying for us and the camp and please continue to do so!  

AFter dinner I'll have more pictures up from today.

Comments

1

Awesome! Just awesome! Praise God! Love, Dorothy

  Dorothy Wiman Jan 7, 2009 3:21 PM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.