Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Feliz Ano Nuevo

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 31 December 2008 | Views [333]

Happy New Year's Eve from Quito!!  It is quite a sight here.  I'm taking a  break from the festivities waiting on midnight to update the journal.  I've not got time to go into details on Galapagos, but suffice it to say, it was INCREDIBLE!!!  I uploaded a ton of pictures.  Tomorrow night I'll update the blog about Galapagos, captions on pictures and how the rest of the night tonight goes.  We got back to Quito and it is in full force ready for the night.  Avenue Amazonas, right outside of my hotel is like bourbon street during Mardi Gras.  I've got pictures of the start.  You'll see the grande paper mache looking figures.  they burn these at midnight.  It is very festive and lots of families wandering the streets all dressed up, everyone is partying and waiting to burn the figures.  I've been to dinner with the group from the boat and am killing time until midnight.  Enjoy the pictures of the islands. . . they do not disappoint, but cannot do it justice.  And I'll update tomorrow with details.

I hope you all have a safe and blessed New Year!  Until 2009. . . Adios!

Tags: new years eve, quito

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.