Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Trip of a Lifetime . . . #3!

USA | Friday, 22 December 2006 | Views [548] | Comments [6]

Alleen and Machu Picchu

Alleen and Machu Picchu

Wow.  It is finally here. . . my trip to Easter Island and Chile!  I've wanted to go to Easter Island forever.  I can't believe I am actually going.  When Kari and I went to Australia and New Zealand, we said that was a trip of a lifetime, then there was Peru and Machu Picchu. . . but here I am again with the third trip of a lifetime in just 3 years!

I've always read about or seen these travel journals and thought I would finally test it out.  Rather than sending emails home, I will just keep this journal up to date and you'll be notified by email.  You can then send it to whomever you'd like and they can follow along on this trip of a lifetiime.

The planning for this trip has gone unbelievably easy.  God is good!  He has provided all I have needed to make this trip come true.  Easter Island is the most isolated inhabited island on the earth and you know it once you start trying to get there!  The plane tickets are booked.  The hotel rooms are booked.  The hike is booked.  I am all set and ready to go.  I got my travel insurance today and checked on vaccinations--and am all up to date on those also.  So, just time now to count the days down to January 9!!

I hope you will enjoy the journal and that I can do justice to the places, people and things I will see and experience.  Machu Picchu was something I thought might not be beat, but I think Easter Island and trekking the W in the Torres del Paine national park in Patagonia will be a close second if not beat it out!

That's all for now. . . my next post will be from Easter Island!  :)

The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.
Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

Glad I can take this trip via this Journal and Photo Gallery.

I'll just stay at home in Mississippi.

  Clainey Jan 3, 2007 3:17 PM

2

Hi World Traveler,
Thanks so much for your note and the movie. Can't wait to watch it. I know you're going to have a ton of fun! Looking forward to seeing your pictures and reading your journal. And looking forward to our next trip together (maybe Wyoming again!). Hated to miss this one, but glad you're going.
Kari

  Kari Jan 7, 2007 6:27 AM

3

Hi,
Glad to get your phone call from Easter Island. Looking forward to getting pictures as you can post them to the Journal site.

Clainey

  Clainey Jan 11, 2007 11:55 AM

4

Hi,

I'm so glad Clainey sent me this link. I heard you talking about the trip during Christmas but had no idea you had already gone. I'm eagerly awaiting all of your updates. Have a great time!!

Dianne

  Dianne Jan 11, 2007 12:48 PM

5

Hey, Alleen,
Okay, trying NOT to be jealous is awfully hard when I saw the photos you sent from Ahu Akivi!!! Easter Island has always been on my wish list, too. Makes me want to pack a bag and call in sick for work! Hope you are having a FANTASTIC time. Keep sending the photos...they're great. And let's get the video for AR11 made soon after you get back. Like Nancy said, why WOULDN'T they choose us?
Take care!
Mike

  Mike Jan 12, 2007 1:25 AM

6

Hi Alleen,

Wow - the pictures are amazing - what a beautiful place. When I read your journal about driving on the roads, I thought of "I can't drive 55" by Sammy Hagar and the line where he says "I can't get my car out of second gear" - I am sure you are not driving too fast! Looking forward to more updates. Have a GREAT time!

  Steve Jan 12, 2007 3:25 AM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.