Existing Member?

Al's epic odyssey "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." - Lao Tzu

Morgan Bay, East Cape Coast

SOUTH AFRICA | Thursday, 23 July 2009 | Views [547]

Morgan Bay is a small coastal resort up the coast from Haga Haga (where I stayed a couple of weeks ago). It has a beautiful long stretch of beach on the one side and rocky cliffs on the other. We used to camp here when I was a child and I’ve been visiting off and on over the years.

The school holidays have just finished and the place is virtually deserted. There is a totally different relaxed feel about the place out of season.

My brother-in-law and hi brother-in-law (not me) would go fishing before breakfast, after breakfast and after lunch. They caught plenty of fish, all from the cliffs, but unfortunately none from the beach when we were watching. This led me to speculate that they may have been visiting a local fish market (if there was one). Fresh fish is absolutely delicious. I followed the ladies routine… late lie in, breakfast, walk the dogs along the beach to the fishermen after breakfast, back for lunch, a short nap and perhaps another afternoon stroll, then beers and supper. What a life!

After the debacle of the Cathcart golfing experience, I decided not to take the clubs down to the sea.

The weather was superb again and I even wore my swimming costume a couple of times, although I didn’t get wet. I think I was way too spoilt with the 35 degree sea temperature in Dubai.

I finally got a call back from the company that interviewed me and they are still interested in me. So I have a third interview arranged with them for Johannesburg at the end on July. Hmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions.

The day that I left for Cape Town, a cold front brought some much needed rain and some snow to the farm (about 100 km inland).

 

Tags: east cape coast, morgan bay

 

About alistair


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.