Existing Member?

unculturednearanimallevel

Lisboa Day 1

USA | Thursday, 24 June 2010 | Views [525]

Ok so a few things happened today that I should share. Number one, I had a tiff with a british airways fellow, whom I called a retarded little monkey.

You see my NYC to London flight was running late, and when I was pushed to the front of the line in London to make my flight to Lisbon a stubborn little piece decided to stick to his rule book and be a prick. There was yelling and after the security was called and he was removed for being a problem, I made my flight nonetheless.

I land in Lisbon, a beautiful aerial view, such a pretty city. I promise to post some photos tomorrow ; head over to the baggage claim to pick up my backpack. Well, interestingly enough, BA lost it. Amazing, and brilliant. Books clothes, etc lost. At that point, the concept of losing my luggage in direct comparison to the lack of sleep and interesting service did not disturb me.

Just got my backpack now. Seems like everything will be alright.

All in all, I had a great time today. Walked around the city, managed to figure out how to say things in Portuguese, and realized that the girls in Portugal are absolutely stunning... wow.

We( new hostel friends) just came back from a night out, where it was awkwardness and weird as our closest drinking partners got progressively more loose but somehow we managed to go looking for a disco and not find it.

An aside is that I managed sleepily to watch the Worldcup and Friday is going to be insane here. Father and son, Brazil and Portugal are going head to head. I have more details to go into but Ill leave you with a picture of a tram.

Stay good stay healthy

Alex K

Tags: german, hostel, lisboa, llisbon, mexican, poets hostel, portugal, world cup

About alexkozovski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.