Existing Member?

Trans-Siberian Adventure!

Continuation of second train journey: part 1

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Thursday, 9 October 2014 | Views [212]

Didn't sleep very well but got upo at 9am and decided to go for breakfast in the restaurant car.  However, there was nothing on the menu for breakfast and so I thought I'd order rice pudding as there was nothing else that I fanced.  However, when it arrived it turned out to a plate of boiled rice and dill!  

When we arrived at one station I got out expecting to see people selling food.  There was only a cafe, small shop and a small kiosk. I was pursuaded into buying some processed chsees triangles from the kisok.  

The rest of the day was spent reading, chatting and looking out of the window.

For lunch we were given borsch, meat, pasta, a bottle of water and a cake.  

When we stopped at one station I bought some chocolates with Charles that turned out to be filled with coconut!  I'm not keen on coconut at all and so Charles ate them instead.  We offered them to the Russian policemen, but they didn't want them either.

I also went mad and bought many filled bread rolls at another station.  One I ate the next day tasted like it was filled with fish paste!

In the evening I watched 'Silver Street' on Martin's IPad. 

About alexhodge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.