Existing Member?

From Masala to Bollywood and everything in between! Catch up with me and my time around South Asia

Here we go again...back to Bharath!

INDIA | Tuesday, 11 October 2011 | Views [608]

In four days I will be back in India ("Bharath") after four years. This time I am returning with my love and partner in crime, Justin, and for a spiritual quest. We leave JFK and fly directly to Delhi, where we switch to another flight that will land us in Hyderabad (part of Andra Pradesh, "the north part of the south"). Justin and I will spend a week outside of Hyderabad in Medchal just relaxin and slowly acclimating to India. After a week of sleep and reflection we'll catch a train from Secunderabad to Varansai. It's a 28 hour train ride and I'm very much looking forward to seeing the north of India. Last time I didn't make further north than Hyderabad. We'll spend four nights and five days exploring all that Varanasi has to offer. I'm very much looking forward to spending time in the beautiful and powerfully charged city on the river Ganga! We're staying in the old city overlooking the "burning" ghat, so that will be moving, I am certain. From Varanasi we board another train and make our way to Agra Fort, where we will arrive at sunrise to see Agra Fort, the Taj Mahal, a journey to the Muslim town of Fahtepur Sikri. Fifteen hours later we will reboard a train and end our day in Jaipur, Rajasthan. So we'll explore the walled pink city of Jaipur and the desert of Rajasthan. Then it's back to Delhi just for a night to meet up with our group and then head to Rishikesh the next morning. We'll call Rishikesh home for the last 6 weeks of our trip. In Rishikesh we will be studying day and night for our 500hr Yoga Teacher Training. We hope to include some volunteer work into our trip, although we're not sure where these opportunities will be afforded. Here's to the going with the flow and meeting the unexpected with open arms and finding my heart in India again. 

Stay tuned to travel with us from Hyderabad to Rishikesh and everywhere in between!

Love and light to you on your journey, 

Alex

Tags: trekking

 
 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.