Existing Member?

Making Big Jumps

Prague, Berlin, Munich, Neuswenchstein

USA | Tuesday, 21 July 2009 | Views [502]

So Prague was amazing and so beautiful. We got a chance to stay with one of Corys friends named Jirik. He was so nice to take strangers into his home and show us around especially the food. We ate so much food i thought i was going to throw up. But it was amazing to see the castle and stand on Charles Bridge at night to get the perfect picturesque photo. The day time was crazy trying to get around Prague because there were so many tourists there. So we rented a bike and explored the town and castle that day. The bike was a nice rest for our feet and a great way to get around. After Prague we left for Berlin and Berlin was so full of life there. Of course their history plays a huge role in how Berlin is shaped today, but a lot of people say that Berlin is like our New York City back home. Our first day there was quiet since we were tired and restless from travelling so much. So we walked around for a few hours, grabbed some Thai food, and went and watched Harry Potter. Harry Potter not so great and it bugged me that we had an intermisson right after the commercials for food that they came around and sold to you and then another one in the middle of the movie. Come on get on with the show!! But the next day we did a walking tour and bike tour of Berlin. About 9hrs of touring but it was amazing to visit jewish memorials, checkpoint charlie, the berlin wall, parliment, the huge park (thats their central park), reisberg, hitler's bunker, and many other world war II and holocaust spots. A great way to see so much of Berlin in just one day but i loved everything we saw and ate, including the not so great bratwurst from the beer garden. Berlin is definitly a liberal city as they are the 3rd largest gay friendly city in the world. We saw a lot of couples there. Down in Munich were staying with Rob's friend Andrea who is great and has showed us a lot of cool local places. We went to a local beer garden and i had a great brat and saurkraut. The saukraut is so good because i don't even like it at home. But we explored a concentration camp called Dauchau which was very touching. I had a hard time going into the gas chambers because it literally made me sick. What these people went through was horrific and hopefully the world will never have something like this again. The history is so rich in Germany and best of all a lot of it is free to show that they are trying to rid themselves of the ugly past. On a lighter note we went to Neuswenchstein Castle yesterday and it was beautiful... The mountains and lakes surronding the area were so picturesque. And the castle was one of a kind with intricate paintings and gold-brass furniture everywhere. Because Rob was itching to get on the lake we rented a row boat and he loved it. I think this could be another favoirte place on my list so far. Definitly check out my pictures and you'll see what i mean. But probably on to austria to visit kitzbuhel but I hope all are doing well and i'm keeping my aunt jackie in my prayers.

About afton_romero

Rocky Mouth Canyon Waterfall

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.