Existing Member?

Making Big Jumps

Day one

BELIZE | Friday, 31 May 2013 | Views [374]

Hola everyone! 

We made it down here safe and sound. Don't worry within 30 seconds of being within the country I broke a rule by taking picture at the airport. Haha! This country is beautiful and so are the people. The only thing I'm not fond of is the humidity so far. It's at 85% with occasional rainstorms. The company ISL has treated us so well so far. I am very impressed with their expertise and kindness. They never make you feel dumb or our of place if you don't understand or know something. And the food they make us is so delicious and made just right to help us cool down for the evening. Our first day we ha lunch on te seaside then drove two hours west to San Ignacio. It's only 7 miles from the border of Guatemala. Our hotel very spacious and clean. Great views from the top of the hill and out into the country side. After settling in we went to the city center to visit a museum and see what the people are like  in the area. My favorite part was walking through the city and farmers market. I was a kid in a candy store browsing through all the wild and foreign fruits and vegetables. Cenaid's is the restaurant we will be frequenting throughout the week. We had chicken, pico de gallo, salad, shrimp, and rice and beans. I absolutely loved all of it. I'm pretty sure everyone crashed when we got back around 7pm. I ended up hanging out on a bench watching the lightening storms off in the distance. Nights are very enjoyable and the weather cools down along with the humidity. Orientation starts tomorrow on what are duties will be throughout the week and we get to meet the doctors. Hoping the rain stops so that we can tube the caves on Wednesday. Adios! 

Tags: destination

About afton_romero

Rocky Mouth Canyon Waterfall

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.