Existing Member?

Marci's Adventures

Relaxing

SPAIN | Sunday, 25 March 2007 | Views [405] | Comments [3]

I made it to Malaga and oh my gosh the place I am staying is so amazing. I have been in hostels where you never have any privacy and the rooms are usually really small, you have a bed and a locker, that's it. In Malaga I am in a time share which is a Marriott location so I get to my room and it is bigger than my house I live in!! Two huge bedrooms, two baths,a living room, a big kitchen, 3 TV's, a nice balcony overlooking the Mediterranean. Wow! I giggled my way through the entire place, just in awe. It is like something from Better Homes and Gardens. The master bedroom has a huge bed, a sunken tub and a seperate shower big enough for 4 people! In the hostels showers someone was always waiting right outside for their turn while you showered, you had to bring all your stuff in the shower with you and if you had to bend over to pick up something your butt would go out of the curtain, not to mention the showers were so small the shower curtain stuck to you half the time when you were trying to wash. I think after staying here I will be ruined for hostels!! God bless Barb Larsen who is I was able to buy this time share from! It is such a beautiful location, it is a shame I don't have anyone to share it with, I would have loved if my friends or family could have come to visit me here. There isn't anyone at all my age, just old retired people. So this is a perfect place for me to detox and get caught up on sleep. The first night I slept 10 hours! I really haven't gotten any good sleep in the hostels. Here they offer exercise classes, like yoga and aerobics so I am going to take these classes which will be really nice. The first night here I took a shower and a bath, it was so lovely, I felt sooo clean finally! Everything is perfect here, it has allowed me to get organized again, I started out my trip really organized with little sections and containers for everything but after awhile you just start shoving things in wherever. So now I was able to spread everything out and reorganize it has been great. Luckily in the last hostel I was in I got all my laundry done, they offered to do it for you! It is a little embarrasing to hand this hot guy your stinky socks to wash but oh well. It is so nice having all clean clothes again. I had the bright idea to hand wash my clothes to save money, so I tried that out when I was in Italy, lets just say it didn't go well.

I washed them in a bathroom sink but they really weren't clean when I was done and I hung them out to dry but they never dried all the way. Luckily the nice people at the hostel in Italy threw my clothes in their dryer for me. 

The bed is so huge I can lie sideways and still not be hanging off. So wonderful!! The first day I was here I layed out in the sun for 3 hours listening to my music, the pool is facing the sea right next to the beach and is so lovely, I feel like a movie star or something. The people who work here are like, it is just you here on vacation? A young girl by herself it is pretty strange, this is totally somewhere you would go on your honeymoon but oh well I am enjoying this romantic place by myself. I am really sad that I am having such a hard time transferring my pics, it is really frustrating. I wish I had purchased a laptop for my trip it would have saved me a lot of money and headache. Everytime you use the internet you have to pay except in some of the hostels they have had free internet. Here they charge 7.50 an hour. So today my plan is to sit in the sun some more, and try to get to the grocery store, I have a wonderful kitchen so I need to use it and stop paying to eat in restaurants. There isn't public transportion around here, it is pretty isolated so I have to figure out how to make my way. The hostels all have been centrally located so you could walk anywhere or jump on a bus or Metro to get where you wanted to go. Not such a challenging day I probably can handle it, what a life! So I got stuck in the room my last night in Seville by myself with old snoring woman, by the way she walked around in her underwear, and she wore mens tighty whities, not a good sight. Steffi a German girl I had made friends with had the room down the hall from me and she said she could hear her snoring in her room, torture!! So being here now is so great it was so quiet it was so weird, I have earned this peacefull paradise. So I am off to enjoy my day.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

I am so glad you made it there ok an are relaxing and catching up on your sleep. It sounds great, I am glad it worked out. I have been reading your postings, what fun you are having.

  Barb Larsen Mar 26, 2007 1:01 PM

2

Marci-girl!! I just got this link to your adventures!! Someone had told me to go to "Marci's Blog", and it was all about a young preteen girl and I thought you had really found the fountain of youth!! Ha!

I am SOOOooo happy for you! You are so daring and BRAVE!! You will have a lifetime of memories and friends from this trip. Good for you! This site is such a great idea!

Stay safe! Thinking of you! Paula B.

  Paula Brooks Mar 27, 2007 1:00 PM

3

read your story it sounds like it is a nice place your at i cant wait till you come home we miss you and love you be safe the rest of your trip

  darien & grandpa Mar 30, 2007 3:52 AM

About adventuregirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.