Existing Member?

Marci's Adventures

Continuation

SPAIN | Friday, 23 March 2007 | Views [595] | Comments [1]

I am staying at the Oasis hostel in Seville, there is a website you can look at for pics. I have been staying in HI hostels but this is an independant hostel. This is the first hostel with so many cute guys, even the ones who work here! So there is something to be said for the independants! The hostels I have been staying at tended to have these artist type, pale, skinny, and hairy guys. No wonder my German friend Uta liked it here enough to come back again. So I went on the tour today and the cute Australian guy, Adam, that I had mentioned in my other posting that had said hello to me when I was on the computer, and 2 other girls and I all hung out after the tour. It was a lot of fun. We walked all over and had such silly conversations about random things. This is such a fun life, we were walking all around the city and had a bite to eat, then went to this amazing plaza and laid down in the sun. By the way it is about 85 degrees here and beautiful. Adam is from Australia, charming and very cute, Sarah is from England, and Jennifer is from New Jersey living in Prague studying. So we were all so different and had such good laughs as we wandered around this beautiful city. I had met all of them last night over dinner and Sangria at the hostel. The hostel had brought a chef in to cook a 3 course dinner and only charged 5 Euro, it was a lot of fun. Plus all you could drink Sangria for 1 Euro, what can you do? It is my birthday week so I say drink up! I was hung over and didn´t want to drink last night but I ended up changing my mind once I was eating and hanging out with everyone. My friend Uta arrived from Faro during dinner, screaming Marci and hugging me, and she knows everyone here and introduced me to all the people who work here. It was like I was a celebrities friend, everyone was like oh it is so nice to meet you, you are Uta´s friend who had a birthday? It was funny because she had told me about this guy she had been hooking up with here and I had actually been talking to him about Morroco before she arrived. He is cute and charismatic so no wonder she likes him. I turned 34 this birthday so it is strange sometimes when I think that most people are so much younger than me. Luckily I have good genetics from my parents so most people have thought I was in my mid 20´s. The people in the hostels are really interesting to talk to as most are really smart and educated, most have multiple degrees and speak multiple languages. I love hearing about the places people have been and are going. I am going to Malaga tomorrow and will finally have my own room which will be sooo nice. This snoring roommate of mine is really annoying, yet Paul isn´t so bad so I guess it all evens out. But Paul had to leave today to go back to Ireland, so I am by myself with snoring lady and whoever happens to arrive tonight. So I really had fun with Paul wandering around and we went on a tour of the bull ring and walked by the river. We had fresh squeezed orange juice sitting looking at the sparkling water and it was sooo relaxing and warm. He bought me the juice and said this will be good for your hangover. It was just easy hanging out with him, I was comfortable with him. I looked so lovely, no makeup, hungover but I really didn´t care. I like dressing casual and not wearing makeup. Paul is really proper and polite, I felt like he was a little uptight but once he relaxed a bit he was really funny, so respectful of me and of women in general. It is so interesting when people are from different places, we talked a bit about the conflict in Ireland. He lives in Belfast so he is really knowledgable about the things happening there. He said we were like the movie ¨Lost in Translation¨ where I guess two people come together during their travels and lay in bed and talk about random things. I do like siesta here. I have not seen that movie so I don´t know. But he said it starred Bill Murray and Scarlettt Johansen so I guess that is a good thing to be her character, I don´t know. It is funny because I am really social and went to all of the organized activities here, was in the middle of it all with all my new friends, and he didn´t want to attend any of the activities. So I just left him by himself and answered all his questions about my fun time when I returned to the room.

My travel plan is Malaga, Spain 23rd-30th. I am going to hit Granada, Tarifa, and then take a ferry across to Morroco go down to Marrakesh for about 4 days. Come back to Spain and head North up to Madrid, Spain and than over to Italy, work my way through Italy down to Rome and then take a ferry across to Sardinia, Italy for another week to myself April 21st-28th. I have been taking a lot more pics of myself as I have gotten complaints that the pics are just of buildings. My memory card is full in my camera so I hope when I am in Malaga I can finally upload them to my website.

I decided not to go to Turkey as it was just a little too complicated for me. I will come back another time to go to Turkey. I totally have the travel bug and with all these people I am meeting will hopefully have tour guides when I decide to go to new places. It is so nice to always have people to hang out with here and that I am able to make friends easily. I love laughing all the time, and being so free and not having to worry about anything. Not working is so nice, I don´t think I ever want to work again. By the way I really am not a lush it just probably seems that way but it is the culture over here to drink all the time, I just don´t have a very high tolerance but by the end of my trip I would say it will be built up! = )

I am going out to Tapas again tonight with the hostel group, it is funny things don´t start here until like 9:00 I am so hungry I look forward to having the wonderful curry chicken again, soooo goood and it costs only around 2 Euros. So until next time thank you for all your love and encouragement about my travels as it has been really amazing and I have to ask myself is this really my life? Just a little bit different than suffering through another day in a cubicle! Here´s to living the dream. Adios!

Tags: Philosophy of travel

Comments

1

Marci,
I really enjoy reading your journal. Your stories are pretty funny. I'm glad you are experiencing so much! Take care and stay safe! I'm glad you are aggressive when you need to be. Love ya,

sandra

  sandra pluchos Mar 23, 2007 12:33 PM

About adventuregirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.