Existing Member?

World_Tavel_Journal

Bangkok/ Koh Samui / Koh Phangan/ Kanchanaburi

THAILAND | Tuesday, 25 November 2008 | Views [1017]

Well its been nearly two weeks since i last updated this so it feels like i've done quite a bit.


Bangkok:- i headed back to bangkok and meet Scott at the airport at about 6 in the morning, then we headed back to the Kho san road and set him up in a hotel.  We then proceeded to drink and smoke sheisha from 8 in the morning till about midnight, it would of been longer but we decided to get a flight the next night out down to Surat Thani and then get a connecting bus ferry to Koh Samui. 

Koh Samui

Got to say it was great there, white beaches nice sea, we got a beach bungalow between us and just camped out on the beach (chaweng beach) for the next few days.  We headed up along to the top of the beach were there is a bar called Arka bar and that was the most chilled out and relaxed i've been in ages.  You lie back and let the waiters take your order and bring you food and just chilled and let the world go by.  Until its time to head into town and get even more wasted.  Although koh Samui was great it was a little on the expensive side for the accomadation but well worth doing.  We spent the next three nights there before getting the connecting ferry to  Koh Phangan.

Koh Phangan

Got to say that i loved  Koh Phangan, its a little party town.  From the moment we got off the ferry and met this little thai guy that could the best cockney accent to when we left the ferry four days later.  We satyed at the place called coral bungalows, although i never talked to anyone staying in a bungalow.  The first night was a pool party which was wicked, got absolutley trashed on buckets of vodka red bull.  And obviously me being me proceed to lose my camera (thats why there are so little pics).  After night we headed into town the next night for a quite one because we booked the ferry to got to Koh Toa, that was another mistake but not mine suprisingly, it was Scotts after again drinking to many buckets and trying to jump a rope of fire with this couple we meet(I didn't do to bad and scott was actually good, but the guy we meet we later found had gone to hospital the next day with burns on his leg), there are some great picks on Scotts camera, Scott was then to ill and almost being sick in the toilet to got to the ferry.  Anyway we had a quite night the next one but the next was the halfmoon which was good as its in the middle of the jungle, cut into a cliff. Our last night was what i like to call the mushy shake night.  We went to mellow mountian in hat rin and had some magic mushroom shakes and well with a couple of those and a full day of drinking the combination was not good and i was dancing like a tit off my head on the beach.

Kanchanaburi


Well we did a massive 12 hour trip containing a trip on sangthaew, ferry, minibus, plane, taxi and finally a bus to get to Kanchanaburi last night.  Were staying on a floating hotel on the river Kwai, very basic but good for novelty.  We headed to erawan falls, which has seven tiers, its a trek to get to the top but well worth, after getting to know another couple and getting some great tips for heading north, we then went to the death railway and took a quick trip on the train.  Then it was off to bridge over the river kwai, all in all it was a very good day and i especially enjoyed Scotts version of Peter Andres beatiful girl.

About adenwette81340


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.