Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

TaiShan

CHINA | Sunday, 9 November 2014 | Views [351]

I stayed in Tai An city for 2 nights at a hostel that was conveniently located at the base of the mountain. The mountain has a rich history involving emporers, and religion; but what in China doesn't?

 

It really feels and looks like fall now. While the southern provinces are still green and humid ShanDong and higher is pretty chilly now! And I must say, Fall colors are not as beautiful as they are at home.

 

Anyways I climbed the mountain with another girl who stayed in the same room as I. TaiShan is much easier than HuaShan but the stairs are still demanding. I was glad it was a chilly day because I didn't feel so sweaty and gross. The sun was out too so the scenery was nice! But heaven's gate looks more impressive in the photos than it does in person. So I had some tea after climbing down.

 

I also learned a little bit more about rocks too because the mountain is a part of the geological scenic zone for Tai An.  

After the mountain my new friend Sarah and I planned to go to the Dai Temple with another girl, Jade, who is staying in our room. The Dai temple was the best temple I've been to. It was actually peaceful, traditionally decorated and not done up like every other temple in China, and it also acts as a museum with stone carvings and gigantic trees that have seen so much! I really enjoyed being there.

 

After all this we went to the train station and hopped over to Beijing. I spent a lot of money for the high speed trains recently.... Its kind of worth it because it saves time and I now only have a few days left in China, I might as well live the high life before going home. Besides, what else will I do with my RMB notes?

Tags: dai temple, taishan

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.