Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

Last days in Beijing and Being Home

CHINA | Thursday, 27 November 2014 | Views [443]

Ok so this is definitely late but I was told I can't just leave the journal without an end.

To sum it all up, I was in Beijing for my last 4 nights shacked up in this really nice boutique hostel. It was well worth the 100 yuan a night and it was right inside the hutongs. I still got to meet people and it was better than just another bar-type hostel where there are lots of smokers and everybody just gets drunk to have a good time. Chinese Box hostel was for the relaxed, calm, and friendly type. The boss even does tea for everyone. 

Anyways, I spent my last few days trying to spend the rest of my RMB on clothing and tea souvenirs and also visitng the Temple of Heaven. It was a good time and I really felt like I was living there and not just a tourist. Also the sky was excellent because of APEC. They actually produced less pollution just for that week, It was definately work it to see the yellow leaves shining in the clear sunlight at the Temple of Heaven park. 

Now that I've been home for 2 weeks everything is just sort of boring now. I've been applying to jobs in my field and looking for apartments while trying to keep in touch with the people I met on my trip. I'm not as depressed as some people say they get after a trip. I'm quite content to be back in Canada but I'm left wondering how will I get to travel again? What about my long term career? Can I still have my career, which will be based on creating rapport and relationships with clients, and leave to travel once in a while?

 

Other than playing Ocarina of Time on my computer and watching movies that is what's going on in my life now that I have finished my trip. I also kind of feel like I never left. The only evidence is my pile of tea on my dresser and some photos.

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.