Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

McDonalds is Pricey

CHINA | Monday, 15 September 2014 | Views [420]

I went out to look for a payphone to call my host and tell her I was in the city. It was more difficult than I thought to ask the train station guards.

I walked up to three of them and tried my best to ask for a public phone, they thought I wanted a Sim card but I had to use my Pleco App for a better mandarin word. One man understood me and went to look for a phone that I could use in the station while I gathered a small crowd outside. 

There was no payphone and the nice man lent me his cell phone to make the local call. Everyone was helpful but they also thought I was entertaining I suppose.

 

Now that everything is sorted out I walked around the street and it seems pretty dumpy on this one. It reminds me of Smith Falls but sky scrapers and roosters chained to the seat of a mo-ped crowing.

I came back to MacDonald's, my assigned meeting place, but also because it has WiFi, cool air, and McFlurries. Judging by prices in CNY, our fast food chains are expensive compared to some restaraunts. Oh and the Oreo mcflurry tastes the same but the cashier clearly never heard the word mcflurry before even though its written on the cup.

 

I'll post tomorrow!

Tags: mcflurry, payphone

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.