Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic QLD - ADAM AND HAMISH Hamish and Adam embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around Queenland with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

ROLLER RIDES, SLIPPY SLIDES AND ONE MASSIVE NIGHT OUT

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 14 September 2009 | Views [4066]

Gold Coast is a absolute party mecca. As soon as we walked in the door at AQUARIUS BACKPACKERS we knew we were going to have a good time. The bar was cranking and we were instructed to drop our bags and get right involved.

Every Wednesday and Saturday they organize a pub crawl of gigantic proportions called the BACKPACKERS BIG NIGHT OUT. 

You will hop on a bus choc full of rowdy travelers, get a free drink at every bar you go to and dance like an idiot. This is a recipe for one hell of a good night out and comes highly recommended from the both of us.

Another good thing about staying at AQUARIUS BACKPACKERS aside from the pool and friendly staff is that they do great combo deals on accommodation and activities.

http://www.aquariusbackpackers.com.au/

There is no shortage of fun things to do in the goldie. You can go whale watching, learn to surf or go jet boating. We opted for roller coasters and water slides at DREAM WORLD and WHITE WATER WORLD.

DREAM WORLD boasts the big 6 thrill rides and we were told it is the one to go to. The big 6 are 6 completely different adventure park rides that will send you spinning and flipping all the while you will have a joker grin locked onto your face.

Our favourite had to be THE GIANT DROP which we rode 361 times. 

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/

Have a gawk at our latest video to see all the rides in action.

Next to DREAM WORLD is WHITE WATER WORLD.

This park is jam packed with every different type of waterslide you can imagine.

From giant funnels, to speed racer slides, to the only uphill coaster slide in the world.

http://www.whitewaterworld.com.au/

Again check out our latest video to see how good they are.

You can do both parks in one day but to really make the most of it we recommend a day at each park.

Don't eat too much food before you go. Projectile vomiting is not encouraged on the rides.

Enjoi.

Tags: adventures, aquarius backpackers, australia, backpackers, dream world, gold coast, party, pub crawl, van-tastic adventures, white water world

About adam_hamish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.