Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic QLD - ADAM AND HAMISH Hamish and Adam embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around Queenland with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

COLGATE PEARLY WHITE SAND AND GINORGAROUS SEA CREATURES

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 23 August 2009 | Views [1796]

We have chatted to quite a few backpackers so far on our adventures. The common consensus was that the Whitsundays is one of their highlights in Queensland.

Needless to say our expectations were high but got blown out of the water when we went out on a 3 day 2 night excursion around the Whitsunday Islands with ISLAND DIVE.

www.islandive.com

The hub for accesing the Whitsundays is a place called Airlie Beach.

Many people have being known to lose their clothes after a big night out in Airlie Beach so proceed with caution. 

A typical night out in Airlie will go something like this: BEACHES > PADDY'S > MAMA AFRICAS'S > KEBAB SHOP > SLEEP

We ventured out of the port in the morning onboard a spacious, comfy catamaran called POWERPLAY. David AKA - 'Cookie' our captain was behind the wheel leading the charge. Cookie was a legendary fellow New Zealander who kept us entertained with laughs the whole trip. Chur bro chur.

One of the best things about going with ISLAND DIVE is that you do not have to be certified to go diving because all the trips are guided. We got to do 4 dives and you would not believe what we saw out there.

Apart from the zillions of colorful fish we were lucky enough to see turtles, sharks, stingrays, whales, a mcmassive manta ray and swedish backpackers.

We suggest when you book with these guys try and get on one of the two boats that has a hot tub. There is something about coming in from a dive, cracking a cold beer, relaxing in the hottie tubbie and watching the sexy sunsets.

The jewel of the Whitsundays is called Whitehaven Beach. This place boasts some of the whitest sand in the world and has to be seen to be believed. It was a perfect location for our inaugural Sports Illustrated cover shoot. Check out our pics.

At the end of each day everyone sits around a projector and gets to see the pics that the photo savvy crew girls have taken of you. This creates a laugh and a half. You will also have the chance to learn about all the sea creatures to give you a better understanding of what you are seeing on your dives.

Big thanks to all the team for a spot on 3 days. Ka Pai. (Maori for chur bro).

Tags: adam rikys, airlie beach, australia, hamish cross, island dive, scuba diving, snorkeling, van-tastic adventures, vantastic, whitehaven beach

About adam_hamish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.