Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic QLD - ADAM AND HAMISH Hamish and Adam embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around Queenland with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

BEST WAY TO WAKE YOURSELF UP IN THE MORNING.

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 18 August 2009 | Views [2620] | Comments [1]

Mission Beach is a chilled little backpackers town two hours south of Cairns. It boasts one of the best backpackers we have ever stayed at called SCOTTY'S BEACH HOUSE.

The staff are super friendly and all the rooms surround a big tropical pool which creates a really social atmosphere and a great vibe.

http://www.scottysbeachhouse.com.au/

We downed a few brewskis with some Scottish lads who were quality entertainment. They sounded like Billy Connolly which made for an all night stand up show. 

The foghorn sounding alarm dragged us out of bed and we rolled into the van and out to an airstrip.

Today was a monumentous day because not only did we get to go skydiving with JUMP THE BEACH, we also got to land on the sand which would be a new experience for the both of us.

The jump was easily one of the best things we have ever done and a great way to clear your head in the morning. We met a German girl who jumped the day before us and saw whales on the way down so keep your eyes peeled like a banana.

Skydiving is just one of those things that everyone has to do at least once. There are quite a few skydive options in Queensland but we really recommend that you wait till you get to Mission Beach so you can experience flying over tropical islands and a beach landing.

We also suggest that you don't even bother jumping unless you go from the highest point which is 14,000 feet. Skydiving is all about the freefall and you won't that to last as long as possible.

Thanks to all the team at JUMP THE BEACH for making this happen.

http://www.jumpthebeach.com.au/mission.htm

ADAM AND HAMISH'S TOP TIPS:

Best place for breakfast at Mission Beach: MINT CAFE

Tags: adam rikys, ambassador van, hamish cross, jump the beach, mission beach, scottys beach house, skydiving, van-tastic adventures, vantastic, world nomads

Comments

1

Now that is a way to wake up in the morning. Looks like you are having a Fantastic Time!

  Dave and Deb Aug 21, 2009 2:28 PM

About adam_hamish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.