Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Aboard the Moby Dick

JAPAN | Friday, 24 December 2010 | Views [2826]

My sweetie surprised me with a Christmas Dinner Cruise aboard the Moby Dick last night!  We boarded at the Naha Port and spent a wonderful two hours out on the sea.

We had a wonderful table for two.

Beautiful, tasty appetizers were waiting for us when we arrived.

Our table was conveniently situated right next to a window, providing a beautiful view during dinner!

There was a salad bar where Brandon found lots of delicious goodies.  (I still fear most vegetables.)

And yes, seasoned French Fries are part of many salad bars on Okinawa.

While we waited for our main course, we ventured outside to watch the sunset.

I enjoyed checking out some of the nautical parts.  For example, the magnetic compass.

Made in Osaka, Japan.

The "overboard!" ladder.

And of course, the sea.

And the gorgeous sunset!

We went back inside just in time for the main course - steak and lobster!

Brandon really enjoyed his steak and I was very partial to the half a lobster with white sauce!  Delicious!

We were also served a small dish of white rice.  (I thought the plate was adorable!)

And we finished off dinner with a nice assortment of fresh fruit and cake bites.

After dinner, they turned down the lights and we enjoyed our nautical candles,

while listening to the musical talent of Kazuto-san, who serenaded us with both English and Japanese songs, as well as a few Christmas carols.

We also had several birthdays so we got to sing, "Happy Birthday" three times.  They brought out dessert for the birthday partiers, with large sparklers instead of candles.  Lots of fun!

We purchased Kazuto-san's CD on the way out.

And he even signed it for us!

Overall, a splendid night out with my wonderful husband!  What a sweet Okinawa holiday memory!

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.