Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Double Decker Pub

JAPAN | Friday, 6 August 2010 | Views [1072]

We've seen this wonderful British double decker bus in American Village for quite some time now.  Looked interesting, but when we go to American Village for a meal, we usually have a hard time choosing between our favorite Ramen shop or to Ali Baba, let alone trying a new eatery.  We finally decided to try out the Double Decker with Megumi and Roger last weekend.

We had the option of sitting in their building or being seated in the bus...of course we chose the bus!  And in the spirit of "go big or go home!" we climbed up the narrow stairway to sit in the enclosed top deck. 

The happy couples:

And just in case you were wondering how tall (or short, depending on your perspective) the ceiling was:

Surprisingly the table was built with plenty of leg height clearance, much to Brandon's delight!

Megumi and Brandon ordered the Teriyaki Chicken Bowls.  Both of them said they were quite tasty.

Roger and I thought we'd go a bit more British (British pub, after all) and ordered fish and chips.

Might not have been as outstanding as "real" British fish and chips, but we really enjoyed it.  And the portion size was perfect for me!  The three dipping sauces - ketchup, vinegar, and tartar sauce were very cute, too!

Overall, a wonderful dinner with friends.  We'll definitely go back again (at least when Brandon's only got a small appetite) and enjoy our little piece of Britain in Okinawa. :)

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.