Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Happy 27th, Arielle!

JAPAN | Monday, 14 June 2010 | Views [1181] | Comments [1]

Today was my 27th birthday.  Yay!  Sooooo big!!!  I wore my red, white, and blue in honor of Flag Day, and was delighted that my fellow chapel volunteers were decked out in patriotic colors too, to celebrate my birthday, of course!  :)

Brandon stopped by the local bakery on his way home from work to pick up my desert request: a piece of white cake with white icing, preferably with strawberries.  And let me tell you, it was an incredibly moist, melt-in-your-mouth delicacy!  I loved every bite!

Following up on Aunt Deb's comment, and may I quote (can you tell I'm really excited about this?!), "...you two are the coolest nerds I know!" my wonderful hubby showered me in awesome (slightly nerdy) gifts!  He gave me the coolest apron I've ever seen - you can almost hear Darth Vader's voice cajoling you, "Come to the dark side.  We have cookies!"  (The new spatulas are from my amazing mother-in-law!  Thank you!!!)

He also got me Our Lady Peace's newest album (I still am so disappointed I didn't go to see them when they were relatively unknown and were coming down from Toronto to play small gigs in Erie) which I can't wait to listen to while baking and crafting!  We're planning on watching "Meet Joe Black" this weekend.  I certainly didn't remember it was THREE HOURS LONG, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it again.

And last but certainly not least, Brandon got me my very own Serenity (a sci-fi movie inspired by the awesome and unfairly short-lived TV series Firefly) t-shirt, combining my love of dinosaurs and science fiction all in one cute and funny tee!  If I ever get to pilot a space ship, I want plastic dinosaurs on my dash board, just like Wash's.  Wait a minute...I do have an adorable plush goya on my dash in my Dingo...do you suppose that counts?  :)

Overall, I had a very happy 27th birthday!  Now I'm off to put together the Star Wars Lego set my in-laws got me.  "Coolest nerds ever," indeed!  :)

---Arielle

Comments

1

Did I comment on this earlier? I love it and keep coming back to look at the adorable girl who woos people to the dark side with cookies. The apron is so cute, as are YOU. Happy Belated! (to Brandon too!)

  Betsy Henning Jun 26, 2010 6:38 AM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.