Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Sunabe Sunset

JAPAN | Monday, 12 April 2010 | Views [701] | Comments [2]

Brandon and I decided to take a short walk down to the Sea Wall this evening to enjoy the sunset.  

There were quite a few people out enjoying the mild evening (it was hot and humid during the day.)  I'm sure we were all wanting to get outside before it starts raining - again.

We were surprised how choppy the water was tonight, and how big the waves were for here!

So, of course, there were a number of surfers and body boarders in the water.

I utilized a handy ladder this evening so I could sit up on the Sea Wall.  Very convenient.

I caught some photos of the sunset on the waves.

Then a big wave caught us - we weren't planning on getting wet, but the Sea had other thoughts.  Just a splash, but definitely surprised us!

Some Sunabe piggy toes.  :)

And a beautiful sunset.  A very nice way to end the day.

---Arielle

Comments

1

So what did the Japanese by Brandon's feet say?? Was it grafitti, do they have a lot of grafitti there?

  Amy Apr 21, 2010 1:52 PM

2

Aunt Amy,
I'm not sure what the Japanese by Brandon's feet says, but yes, it is graffiti. Overall, I wouldn't say there's a lot of graffiti here, but there does tend to be some down by the Sea Wall. In fact, a lot of the Sea Wall has been painted over by graffiti artists since we've been here. I haven't noticed an abundance of it anywhere else on the island that we've been. Good questions!
Love, Arielle

  abcarlson Apr 21, 2010 3:09 PM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.