Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Snow Cookies

JAPAN | Friday, 8 January 2010 | Views [959] | Comments [1]

Snowmen and snowflakes cookies- what better way to celebrate January?

Snowmen and snowflakes cookies- what better way to celebrate January?

I've been going through snow withdrawal.  Everyone has been nice enough to send me photos of all of the snow in Omaha - they've got well over 20" and parts of I-80 have been closed down to one lane.  They are also dealing with windchill of -24 this afternoon.  Can't say I'm missing the negative numbers, but I am missing the gorgeous, wonderful, beautiful snow!  Our 55 degree nights and low 60s degree days are about as "winter" as we get here.

So, in honor of all the snow back home (in NE and PA), I decided to make snow-inspired cookies yesterday - cute snowmen and snowflakes!  I even decided to share some of my "snow" and sent some to work with Brandon and will be delivering a plate full to Sky Housing this afternoon.  Fun for everyone! 

Please enjoy all your snow for me, and I'll think happy thoughts of you as I enjoy my snow cookies!

---Arielle

Comments

1

Hi Arielle, I've had your Christmas card here by the computer...it's so creative...finally I typed in your url and SURPRISE...snow cookies. They are absolutely beautiful. Almost as beautiful as the snow outside my window, but much tastier I'm sure!

We got a gorgeous frosty picture on Sunday and I posted it on my blog http://betsyhenning.blogspot.com if you want a peek.

Sure wish I could have a cookie and a cup of tea with you. 50-60 degrees? Not too hard to take.

Here's a hug! Betsy

  Betsy Henning Jan 13, 2010 1:58 PM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.