Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Fresh Fruit

JAPAN | Saturday, 19 December 2009 | Views [574]

Apples and tangerines!  Delicious!

Apples and tangerines! Delicious!

Today was a chilly 59F outside with low humidity.  I've been bundled up in a long sleeve shirt, tee, and jacket, not to mention socks and slippers.  Brandon and I have been laughing at each other thinking 59F is cold.  We were both raised in cold winter climates, but we've clearly adjusted to the higher humidity of the island.  Needless to say, we had low humidity today and were definitely feeling it.

We were surprised by a knock on our door this afternoon.  Sky Housing (the housing agency on the bottom floor of our building) was selling bags of tangerines and apples they had purchased at the Naha Farmers' Market this morning.  Boy, oh boy, were we happy to see them!  The apples are big and delicious, and the tangerines and small and oh-so-sweet!  Yummy!  We can't get Honeybells here this year (although my Mama sent us Honeybell candy!  Yay!  Brandon says, "Woot!"), but the tangerines are a nice substitute until we can have Honeybells again!  :)

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.