Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Beach time!

JAPAN | Thursday, 6 August 2009 | Views [737]

The lookout

The lookout

Megumi and I had a wonderful lunch at Ocean Pizza, near Cape Zampa.  The buffet was delicious and we had a beautiful view of the Sea.  I am really loving the fresh fruit salad full of mango, pineapple, papaya, and coconut squares.  (The coconut squares are semi-translucent, but slightly harder than jello...I've never seen coconut flesh like it, but it's very popular on Okinawa.  I really like it.)  Yummy!

Ocean Pizza is also very near Murasaki Mura, a large facility where the NHK TV drama, "The Wind of Ryukyu," was filmed.  They had constructed a traditional Ryukyu Kingdom town to shoot the drama and the locals have now turned it into a historical center to teach people about the Ryukyu Kingdom.  Brandon and I will be going back to Murasaki Mura when it gets cooler outside and we'll be sure to take lots of photos.  I also look forward to trying my hand at some traditional Okinawan crafts next time!

As part of the TV set, NHK also built a lookout on the Sea.  After lunch, Megumi and I walked down to the lookout (sounds a lot easier than it was, as we were both wearing heels) and spent some time picking up seashells on the beach.  I do love looking for special seashells and sea glass!  So much fun!  We also wandered around Murasaki Mura a bit, but it was too hot and humid to stay very long.  Next time.  :)

All in all, a very fun afternoon!  Check out some of the photos from the afternoon in our gallery.

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.