Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Day 1.....

USA | Monday, 2 February 2009 | Views [804] | Comments [2]

To summarize the events of ...all of which are true... today

1. Backing up to the previous night Arielle's suitcase arrived in Tokyo broken.  One of the latches is cracked and will no longer close.  However, the airline is planning to either fix or replace as long as we drop it back off or have them come pick it up.

2. We started today at 6:20 AM after getting to bed around midnight after 22+ hrs of travel...

3. We drove around looking at cars to attempt to find one that we like...  After finding one, we decided to go grab lunch and drive by one other used car lot.  Upon arriving back at the used car lot to get the car we liked we discover the car is now SOLD!  Right after we left the lot someone came up and bought it.

4. After the car lot we decide to go ahead and get cell phones so we could at least get that done today...  However, after spending over an hour filling out paperwork, choosing phones, and dealing with a language barrier we found out that their "computer system" would not allow us to get a cell phone under the plan we choose.  Which meant the cost of the "cheap and simple" cell phones went threw the roof!  Needless to say, we decided we'd wait and try somewhere else another day.

5. Moving on... we decided to look at apartments.  We think we found one we like after checking out two different places.  However, we will find out tomorrow how that turns out...(we did put it the place on hold until tomorrow, but given today's track record...)

6. Lastly, I found out tonight I believe my laptop has bit the dust!  The screen is messed up...  I think when I dropped it back into my backpack and it hit a metal bar at the airport it must of broke the screen.... grr...

All that said we did have a good supper and we are ready to call it a night.  Although I'm still not real happy about my laptop being potentionally dead...aw well, as Arielle says, "Happy thoughts!"

Good night!

- brandon

Comments

1

Wow... sounds like a pretty mind blowing day. But hey.. things shall get better!!! I would ship you my laptop, but i wonder when you would even get it.

  little bro Feb 3, 2009 6:34 AM

2

Thanks for the post! Thanks for the offer. I think I am going to try to get by for at least a month before ordering a new laptop. Go figure I have taken this thing all around the states and even to Jamaica, but you take it to the other side of the world and it breaks. --brandon

  abcarlson Feb 4, 2009 9:02 PM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.