Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Heading to Vietnam!

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 6 January 2009 | Views [681]

Yesterday I woke up feeling pretty sick so I didn't feel like doing anything except for lying in bed.  Matt went out and I just chilled out all day watching movies.  The only thing I accomplished was to grab some bus tickets to Saigon for the next day.  Watched The Black Dahlia on TV during the evening, pretty good flick.  Had an early night as our bus was leaving at 6:45am today.  Caught the bus to the Vietnam border and then on to Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon.  It was a long 6 hour ride but it feels good to get to a new country.  Saigon has the craziest traffic I've ever seen in my life.  I thought Bangkok was pretty nuts but this city definitely takes the cake.  So many motorbikes with absolutely no rules.  Crossing the street was hilarious, you just walk really slowly across the street as hundreds of bikes zip by you missing you by mere inches.  There are intersections with no lights or stop signs and everyone just rips through them with ease.  Incredible sight to just sit and watch a busy intersectin for like 5 minutes.  This country should be fun!

Tags: saigon motorbikes!

 

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.