Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Stuck in Phnom Penh

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 4 January 2009 | Views [607]

Yesterday we were pretty much ready to leave Cambodia for Vietnam but we screwed up the date when applying for our visas so we actually couldn't get in until the 6th.  So we had three days to kill in Phnom Penh.  We went down to the river to eat and just stroll around all afternoon.  We caught a couple happy hours, played some pool and relaxed by the river for awhile.  The evening was pretty funny because we ended up at a club where we were the only foreigners around.  They treated us like kings though and we had a fun night full of Jack and Cokes.  Today we came back to the mall we had stopped by for a bit yesterday.  Matt bought a bunch of things but I mainly just teased shopowners making them think I was interested in all the junk they wer trying to sell me.  Dinner brought us to The Pizza Company where I had the best pizza of my life!  It had bacon, sausage and sheese in the crust!  It was insane.  Really goos restaurant though.  Kinda just hung out at the hotel in the evening watching movies.

Tags: browsing the markets

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.