Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Last Day at Siem Reap

CAMBODIA | Monday, 22 December 2008 | Views [397]

Today was a very early morning, we got picked up half asleep at 5am!!  We got there in the dark and patiently waited for the picture of Angkor Wat everyone was waiting to take.  It was pretty cool but the number of tourists fighting for the best spot to take a picture kind of put a damper on the whole experience.  After that circus, we headed over to Banteay Srei which was another temple further away.  It was a nice ride there but I think I was getting a little templed out because we kind of breezed through it wanting to go back to our room to take a nap and then get to a post office before 5.  We ended up sending a pretty big box of gifts and souveneirs back home.  It ended up costing us $55 US each but we both got some really cool stuff.  It was funny too cuz they didn't have a box big enough for us, so I actually had to take a moto taxi to a supermarket to search through their cardboard pile for a box big enough.  The ride back was pretty fun on the back of a motorcylce holding a giant box above my head.  Wish I had a picture of that one.  We wanted to get down to the beach for Christmas and Matt's birthday so we booked our bus ticket to Sihanoukville for the next day.

Tags: hopefully the box makes it

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.