Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Muay Thai at Sanam Luang

THAILAND | Thursday, 4 December 2008 | Views [450]

I grabbed a new cell phone today because my old one was in my shorts when I jumped into the ocean a couple weeks ago and it failed to start working again.  Stuart took off to Cambodia today.  So I'm cruising solo until Matt gets here tomorrow night.  It was the day before the King's birthday so the celebrations were already starting here in Bangkok.  I looked up and saw 2 lights in the air beaming across the night sky so I figured there must be a celebration at the base of the lights.  I walked toward the Grand Palace and ran into the pre-party for the King.  Highlights for me included a huge game of hackey sack using a bamboo ball with hoops 10m above them and they were rocking jesters right into the hoops with ease!  They used there shoulders, elbows and heads too!  It was pretty rad.  Then I ran into the Muat Thai boxing ring set up right in the middle of everything.  I watched around 5 bouts and really enjoyed it.  The crowd was going crazy!  The Thai people know how to throw a good pre-bday party!  Their were thousands of people celebrating all night.  Went home and watched Animal Planet at my luxery pad with TV and a hot shower.

Tags: bangkok party

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.