Existing Member?

Explore.Dream.Discover 2012

23rd March 2012 - Varkala, North Cliff

INDIA | Friday, 23 March 2012 | Views [759]

A few days ago  we arrived in Varkala, further south of Kerala. We fancied some beach time to chill out, backpacking is pretty tiring! Anyway, its really cool here with a long stretch of beach just below clifftops. What's even better is our accommodation. Were in a budget boutique and its the best place weve stayed in by far!! It's called Bohemian Masala and were in a mud hut called a cosmic cottage. I want an exact replica in the East End. It's our kind of place. 
We've been enjoying the Keralan cuisine which consists of mainly fish and salads. Delicious!! Outside most restaurants they have an array of fresh fish which you chose and they cook however you like, it's amazing. 
Most days have been spent relaxing, whether it be on the beach, chilling on a hammock or resting on a lounger. Most of which require the horizontal position!
We also moved out of our cosmic cottage and into a proper  budget room (rather than boutique budget which really isn't very budget) which consists of a double bed, little/ no living space and plenty of creepy-crawlies....including the biggest spider I have ever seen!
Today we went to a fish market, and we were laughed at by the locals for wearing a funny hat (Sophia) and for eating dried fish and a cucumber out of a newspaper (Oresti).  
We have also spent considerable time (hours) walking to find a sheesha place, and to Sophia's disappointment still no luck! 
We'll be leaving for the airport in a couple of days where we will be flying to Delhi and then onto Kathmandu. Woohoo!

Tags: beaches

 

About OandSoph


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.