Existing Member?

Explore.Dream.Discover 2012

25th March 2012 - last few days in India

INDIA | Sunday, 25 March 2012 | Views [455]

The last few days have been spent relaxing by the beach, enjoying fresh keralan fish and generally relaxing in the sun.
We came across a section of beach that was literally a cemetery, with mounds of sand indicating the presence of a dead body, and this explained the gathering of locals at both dawn and dusk. Families would spend time holding hands and look out to sea.  There were flowers scattered on the beach, and there was definitely an eerie feeling in the area.  
I've been for a couple of runs and managed to drag Sophia too for the first time in 10 years of knowing her, so I was pretty chuffed with that!!  She's pretty good too!
We've also spent more time looking for sheesha and no luck again... 
We had probably the worst massage ever, involving a head massage that began and ended sitting (who sits during a massage!), had oil that stank, saturate our head and face, and we're subjected to mainly stroking our hair rather than having any massage whatsoever!  In addition, the poor guy doing this thought that shoving his fingers in my ears was a pressure point!! (no its just painful!).
Either way we've had a great time in Kerala, and are looking forward to our next destination... My spiritual home Nepal...

Tags: beaches

About OandSoph


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.