Existing Member?

Big Trip Blog Bigtripblog is a multimedia travel experience capturing the adventures of Kevin and Valerie during their one year trip around the world.

Crazy Crazy Cairo

EGYPT | Tuesday, 31 October 2006 | Views [794]

Egypt is so crazy! We just finished a 5-day stay in Cairo. In that time I’ve seen the Great Pyramids of Giza, King Tut’s gorgeous golden mask, and some shockingly well-preserved mummies! In addition to the big sights, we’ve been lucky enough to have time to chill out in the old Islamic area with interesting market alleys, teahouses, and mosques. We also hired a driver for a day to see the Step Pyramid and the Red Pyramid, which were less crowded and easier to enjoy than the Great Pyramids. We climbed down a long, steep ramp into the Red Pyramid and enjoyed an eerie silence in the vaulted rooms. We raced back up the tunnel without realizing two days later our sore legs would still be killing us. Oops. It was fun and worth it though!

Anyway, we took the night train to Aswan and will be editing our Cairo/Pyramids media shortly, so take a look soon. Thanks for checking in!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.