Existing Member?

heelspur travels

Zermatt, the highest village to the Swiss Matterhorn

SWITZERLAND | Wednesday, 16 June 2010 | Views [548] | Comments [2]

Wow, this is so much higher,and the landscape has changed to pine (but it smells like spruce)wild flowers, trickling streams and snow capped peaks that are much closer than before.

The hotel Omnia have upgraded me to a double executive, saying the other room called D (Dads room) is not available, for no reason they could give me! So here I am, in my lovely scandinanian style executive room overlooking the swiss village of Zermatt. Just sublime, especially after the welcoming drink. I am listening to the Bose surround sound music theatre, and I shall love my little spot of luxory.Probably the fastest 3 days ever.

Unfortunately, I had better not get used to it. Some of my roughest accommodation yet to come in Italy,including the convent for the protection of girls in Verona.

For now, I will just enjoy. Off to the 3 different spas/saunas and the pool!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

1

Hi there Marcelle, Glad to hear you arenot doing it tough in Zermatt.
By now you will be in Italy. I look forward to reading that episode.
It has been so great to be there with you vicariously through your many adventures.
Just loving the photos Lucerne and Annecy sound great. I finally thought to check World Nomads and so glad I did. I have replied to your early email and sent some Bali photos(compressed) so do hope you can see them.
You are doing a fantastice travelogue and I think home next week.
Love and safe travels till then Cheryl

  Cheryl Wright Jun 21, 2010 10:14 PM

2

Hi Marcelle,
Your very eloquent description of your trip is inspiring me to plan a trip soon!
Look forward to hearing about the convent in Verona and the rest of your journey.
It has taken me this long to spend time on the computer, making this is almost a welcome home message.
With you in spirit, love Liia

  Liia Jun 25, 2010 12:56 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.